Outreach locally and beyond
At Trinity URC we aim:
- to seek to be informed about, stimulate interest in, and raise awareness of needs, both locally and in the world.
- as part of the pursuit of the Church's mission to respond to any human need by loving service and to transform unjust structures of society, to explore ways of giving practical and prayer support, through worship and promotion of events and activities, focussing on and giving to various agencies of aid and mission.
- to monitor and maintain links throughout the world, especially with our sister church, St John's, Vellore, South India. Also to explore the possibility of new contacts.
- to respond to new areas of need as and when they occur; including those cited at the North Western Synod URC and World Church.
- Churches Together in Lancashire
- Lancaster Churches Together
- South Lancaster Churches Together (incl. joint services)
- Supported Accomodation project for young people (ADACTUS)
- Night Shelter for the homeless
- Student Christian Movement
- URC 'Commitment for Life' supporting Christian Aid projects around the world
- Christian Aid
- The Leprosy Mission
- Women's World Day of Prayer
- Council for World Mission (CWM)
- The Bible Society
- Church Action on Poverty